Sunday, July 30, 2017

After the Fall

It's amazing to read the words I wrote four and a half years ago.  At that point in my life I had it all, but was still depressed.  I was able to get frustrated over others struggles, without truly understanding how bad mine would get.  I wish that every time I wrote a talk in my head, or a lesson plan for a spiritual class I would have written it down.  I'm truly amazing at what I do, but I still have a hard time accepting and forgiving myself.

I don't have my family anymore.  I spoke in the last post about how I had a family.  Since then I have driven my wife away, and now she in the arms of a new husband.  I have lost many friends, and lost my good reputation in the community.  I slipped.  I let my loneliness and sense of rejection take over and I went looking for excitement, and acceptance.

Here is the good news:  I'm alive.  I too spent a great deal of time contemplating suicide.  I was low.  Back in 2012 I couldn't understand why someone wanted to take their life.  By the end of 2013 I was a survivor.

What to do now?  I typically get attached to people easily, and now I am attached.  Two days ago I was on the verge of basically planning a wedding... today I am unsure if things have changed... or not.  My personality is too much for people sometimes... I want ... desire... beg for attention sometimes.  It drives them away.

I'm hoping for this new love.  This new devotion.  This new family.  Lets just wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment